Baby Burnett

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Aislynn!!!

So, my 39 week doctors appointment was suppose to be August 27th, 2009 but we didn't make it to that day.


On Saturday August 22, 2009 I woke up at 4:00 am with some contractions that were regular but not very strong. I went to sleep and woke up with the chills, fever, and body aches. My mom told me that I needed to go to the Emergency Room. We went to the ER and they sent me straight to Labor and Delivery. The nurses monitored the baby and contractions for about 2 hours then sent me home. The doctor on call didn't even come and see me and no one even paid attention to me being sick which was the only reason I went to the hospital. We left the hospital around noon. At around 1:00pm my parents called and stated that my dad's biological dad, Paul Lanham wasn't doing very well. He had been in the hospital this month for Stage 4 Lung Cancer. He passed away that day.


On Tuesday August 25, 2009 we went to the funeral and burial of my grandfather Paul Lanham. After the service, my family went out to eat at Rafferty's. It was Andy, Danielle, Derek, Inge, Mike, Rita, my dad, my mom, and Chantel. I had went to the restroom with Danielle and had come back to the table. I began coughing and felt a little rush of liquid and though I had just had a little accident so I waited. Then the waitress was bringing out the food and I shifted in my seat and felt a gush of fluid. I knew at that moment that my water had broke. I told my cousin Danielle that I needed to go back to the bathroom. She looked at me funny and asked why and then started yelling. Your Water Broke Didn't It! So everyone at the table was saying, your water broke? The poor waitress didn't know what to do. I went to the bathroom and sure enough my water had broke. I went to try to finish eating but I was way to nervous. My dad scarfed down his plate and kept asking me if I was alright. I was told that Andy ate his catfish while it was steaming hot. We then went to the hospital at around 2pm and was admitted. The nurse was very rude. I think her name was Kristi but not for sure. I had her until 7pm. She started me on Potocin to get me to dilate. She told me that I would be able to get pain medication until the epidural. After a couple of hours of labor, which I should add was so painful. I was in so much pain that I was throwing up with every contraction. My contractions were so fast that I couldn't breathe between each one. I asked the rude nurse for some pain medication and she said well, we have to wait and see how you are doing. No one said labor wasn't painful. If I wasn't in so much pain I would have told her off but I didn't have the energy or the time between contractions. Finally she gave me some morphine but I don't even know if she really gave it to me cause I was still in pain. It didn't take the edge off of anything! A little after 7 the new nurse came in and her name was Sandy. She was a GREAT! She talked me through everything and helped me get an epidural and was just amazing. I will forever be grateful for her. I finally got my epidural and everything was great! I pushed for 19 minutes and Aislynn was born. Dr. Nethers was great and I am so happy he was my doctor. Aislynn was born at 11:29pm on August 25th, 2009 She weighed 8 lbs 4 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Here is her hospital baby picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment